OUTPUT OF MEETING OF COMMUNITY GROUPS

Posted by on Mar 23, 2017 in News | No Comments

OUTPUT OF MEETING OF COMMUNITY GROUPS

QUESTIONS FOR IONA GORDON & CARO WILD RELATING TO UEFA FINAL AND TAFWYL FOR MEETINGS WITH COUNCIL OFFICERS 21ST MARCH 2017

Summary:

The meeting concluded that we need the answers to the following.

‘What have you done for each of the points below, as it is totally unacceptable that no public consultation was undertaken and the communities ignored on matters significantly affecting the parks and the surrounding communities. ‘

UEFA CUP FINAL, 31 May to 5th JUNE 2017

. MAP, showing precise locations, including access for both pedestrians and cars and use of local streets. This should include access to the park for casual users during the event.

.Entry points for vehicles and pedestrians .

.Traffic flows for delivery lorries to erect and derig tents.

.Pathways

.Conversion of Lime Tree Avenue as a road, Will it be closed after the set up during the event.

.Lime tree Avenue used as a road creates a  precedent we regard as unacceptable  assurances must be given that it is a one off.

.Hospitality tents site plan needed.

.Paths closures map

. Access to side streets from Cathedral Road, Penhill for residents

 

. Public safety plans, especially police planning and presence.

.Local Police presence for rowdy fans in park and local streets (101 not responsive quickly enough).

 

. Timing of event insofar as the park is concerned.

. Full time table (ie Start date of fencing, paths closures, how long will park not be accessible to public?)

 

. Parking arrangements and controls. Is a P&R planned?

. Parking strategy &information

. where? random parking in local streets allowed?

. Wild camping/caravanning?

. Caravanning sites additional to pedal power site mentioned where?

. Is there a Park and Ride in Cardiff Bay? Campers will not find this practical.

. Enforcement. How?

. Statement from Iona :cars parked will not be allowed to move during the event once parked. How will /can this be enforced?

.Utilities vehicles car parks where ? Access?

 

. Toilets etc for 5000 fans

.What is the plan?

 

. Food and drink arrangements, including drinks license and use of camping stoves/BBQs

. What is the plan?

.What are the arrangements for Waste clearance?

 

. Medical arrangements.

. What is the plan?

 

. Protection and Reinstatement of the park afterwards, ie actions, timescale and funding.

. Money should be given back to diversity (not just a few cameras for wild life)

. Bute Parks Friends should incorporate Pontcanna Fields and LLandaff Fields.

. Temporary paths must NOT become permanent.

. Restoration of Park land, is funding and timing guaranteed?

. How much of the £600k mentioned in press will be allocated?

 

. Contingency plans in the event of heavy rain.

. Are there any?

 

. Communication of all the above.

. suggestion for the community at large :

.A dedicated Capital Times type of issue on the 2 events with maps and answers to questions

.A leaflet issued to each household in the vicinity

 

  1. TAFWYL

Meeting requested that Iona challenges and objects to the one month duration for the derigging of the hospitality tents etc.. in Cardiff Castle and obtain assurance that the festival will return to the Castle next year and that Llandaff Fields remains as a Park.

 

Broadly the same questions apply to the Tafwyl Festival as listed for the UEAF with the exception of  :

  . Fencing should be on pitch side on Chestnut Avenue

  . The Meadows near children playground/Allotments/ Lime tree Avenue has been identified as a car Park. This is totally inappropriate.

The demolition of the condemned changing room in Llandaff fields (£35K) is not an adequate contribution in return for the damages caused to the Park and the inconvenience to the users.

Cardiff Road residents in the Llandaff ward should also be part of the communication process.

 

Similarly, a MAP is needed, showing precise locations, including access for both pedestrians and cars and use of local streets. This should include access to the parks for casual users during the event.

  1. POST OFFICE (time allowed 20 mins)

. Two actions were decided. This issue  will be taken up by the Civic Society.  Nerys and David will support Iona and Caro.

  • We will arrange to meet with the manager of the co-op to stress the importance of a PO to the community consistent with their original planning application and their corporate ethics.
  • Address the issue with the Welsh Government (Older Peoples Commissioner)

DAVID EGGLETON

20th March 2017